Sunday, November 1, 2015

Fisherman's Wharf for Dinner.

It's simply divine to know people in the city.

One of my mom's friends from way back when lives just across the bay and happened to be doing work in the city, and she rang me up and asked if maybe I would like to do dinner.

Boy would I!

After endless searches online, combing through hundreds and hundreds of options for dinner, I got the idea from my mom to try a place down at Fisherman's Wharf. It's outside the city, and not a place I would normally walk to for a meal out. So I took her suggestion and away we went.

Conveniently, it's a straight shot from my place at Columbus. And on the drive, I got to see other parts of new neighborhoods that I had yet to see. We passed the random street of strip clubs, and then went full fledged into the Italian section (land of my people, I should eat out here more often, si?), and then we arrived at Fisherman's Wharf in no time.

It was bustling, as San Francisco often is. A fog had settled around the bay, leaving Alcatraz in an eerie shrouded cover, and allowing for a light mist to sprinkle down. After finding a place to park, we walked on in...

Dinner Spot: Alioto's Restaurant. My mom went here as a kid and so it's being passed on by another generation!



The view was incredible: a table at the window overlooking the harbor. 






Dinner pour moi was the Alioto Risotto with shrimp and scallops. Mhm good!


A post-dinner cappucino..


...Enjoyed by the lights of the harbor. 


And tiramisu, but of course!


It was a really nice meal. I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with my friend Susan and the atmosphere was lovely and it reminded me of home. 

Until next time, my friend!


Fog has certainly settled in around the city, and this picture below reminds me of me in any social situation. 

"What's the weather like up there?"


No comments:

Post a Comment