Saturday, November 28, 2015

Diamonds.

When I signed off from you last night, I was again anticipating another night in watching my new favorite Netflix binge: Malcolm in the Middle. Well, fate had other plans for me because as I was heating up my food in the hallway, one of my friends from last week's wine party in the kitchen asked me if I should like to join him and some friends in Union Square for the Christmas tree lighting. 

Again, timing was perfect. So I ran to my room, grabbed a coat, and joined my friends for an evening out. 

Seeing the tree in Union Square, surrounded by Macy's and their Charlie Brown Christmas decor, families ice skating on the outdoor rink, and hot chocolate, I felt that at last, Christmas was around the corner.


Anyhow, we're dissapointed, because ice skating is sold out, and so one of the guys reccomends this bar that he's somehow acquainted with and so we go there. 

Boy. It was just my kind of place! Low lighting, cozy, situated on the second floor, kind of a hole in the wall, live jazz music, chandeliers, classiness, 1920's vibes, and delicious cocktails. I was in heaven! So we all toasted with some whiskey shots and spent the remainder of the evening chatting and sipping our specials. 

 I went for the Mass Appeal Cocktail: Gin, Elderflower, Ginger, Lime, and Grapefruit Bitters.  



We then get on the subject of most beautiful women. And there's lots of listings of current celebrities: models, actresses, singers, the usual. But in all honesty, the most beautiful woman that I had ever seen was not famous, was not plastered across every magazine, and was most certainly not covered in an inch of makeup. It was a couple years ago at Evan's Plunge Hot Springs in South Daktota! It was a woman with her family in the pool and I just remember her being drop dead naturally gorgeous. And the way she interacted with her family and her movements... I had to tell her that she was the most beautiful woman that I had ever seen!

You see, beauty does come from within. And it isn't based off how popular you are, and it most certainly should not be singled out to celebrities because lemme tell you: they have a team of stylists, makeup artist, and trainers that make them look the way they do. No. Beauty is something that shines from within. 

As we were on the subject, I did mention some of my favorite beauties, the classics: Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn. And because I was feeling festive, I chose to dress a la 1950's in their honor. 

Ladies... Today, I was all about diamonds. 


Marilyn Monroe at Tiffany - New York, 1957:

Marilyn Monroe performing “Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend” in 'Gentlemen Prefer Blondes' 1953:

Audrey Hepburn is my all-time favorite actress, especially in movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. She was a missionary at end of her life. Admire her for that too. ❥-Mari Marxuach Parrilla:

Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn):




Closeup of all the diamond magic..




What I wore: vintage rhinestone necklace (consignment), black CAbi ballet arms, black Ted Baker dress with heart shaped neckline (consignment), vintage rhinestone belt (antique store), black tights, and black Dolce Vita shoes (antique store).

No comments:

Post a Comment