Monday, August 17, 2015

Vacation Spot- South Dakota, Day 5.

Hiking, hiking, hiking. It's always about hiking!

Not gonna lie, we seem to do an awful lot of it here in the Black Hills. But can you really blame me? There's wicked trails every which way and it is the perfect way to start a day ( and guarantee a celebratory second breakfast or early lunch). 

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. 

That is probably one of my all time favorite quotes and sums up today's hike pretty well..

Today's hike veered off the traditional path. It's a well kept secret here in the hills, mostly known by locals, and as you can see below, is lightly defined on the left. 


If you don't pay close attention, you may lose sight of the trail, so keep a look out on the horizon!


Let me tell you, there are plenty of places to play on the way.



Finally, only after about half a mile, you find yourself at… 
The Poet's Table. 


Hidden in the shelter of some rocks, this poetic area has been around since the 1960's. There are messages all over the rock walls, a table and chairs full of inspirational and meaningful messages, and an entire chestful of journals full of rich poetry dating back to the 1960's. 



Someone knows me all too well!









Where does one even begin to look?



I myself was rather fascinated with this little treasure trove and could've read for hours. 


There my sister goes, leaving her mark!






Stuff like this just makes me stop and think. There is so much out there, so much to feel, touch, breathe, and learn from. There is so much more than just staring at screens (as I'm doing now, but only for a bit!) and being consumed with cyber things. I mean, just take a look at this wilderness! And it's right there at your fingertips if you're willing to tear your eyes away from the bubble of screens..





I  hope I've inspired you to go out and take a walk! You never know what you may find out there..

No comments:

Post a Comment