Friday, August 7, 2015

Sister, Sister.

August, where the last hints of summer remain but the taste of school is in the air. 

For most people, anyway. 

Well, included in that category for the very first time this year, is my sister Alyeska. But instead of putting up with another miserable year of high school, she is now off on a new adventure: college. 

Alyeska has been accepted into the University of South Dakota, and before you go off and scoff Ugh, is that punishment? please be courteous of her choice. We have family in the Dakotas (in fact, we're jet setting there in just a couple of days), and the school has some family history, as well as some great programs that fit her just so. She will be double majoring in Business Administration and Musical Theatre, as well as minoring in dance, and I could not be more proud. 

But as much as I'm proud, I'm also a little selfish at seeing her go. I know she's had to see me disappear twice (once in my junior year of high school, and another when I myself went off to college), but I've never had to see her leave home. 

I've gotta say, it's a strange sight to see her room packed up. It's sad to know that we won't be able to have our Teen Wolf nights where she pulls me out of the shower and heats me up an ecstasy bar (the best desserts ever). It's change, and no matter how many time life changes, you can never fully say you're comfortable with the feeling. Like squats, only emotionally so. 

So due to this upcoming change, Alyeska and I have been spending more and more time together, me secretly reveling in her hilarious potato company, and her hopefully reciprocating (she's not always the most emotionally expressive person). 


Bathroom selfie at Nordstroms. Cheesy, but they've got great lighting. 




Elan.... Come on over!
-Alyeska



Love you, Shebs. 


2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! I'm proud of both of you!
    Dad-zi-doodle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes a mother's day to see her beautiful daughters enjoy each other's company! It doesn't get any better than that!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete