Sunday, July 26, 2015

Roman Holiday.

Contrary to my post title, I am not in Rome. 

Sorry to dissapoint, my friends. Granted, I wouldn't mind being there, but in all honesty, I'm having quite the vacation home here in Alaska. The weather has been top, I've had lots to keep myself occupied, and I'm simply happy to be home. 

That being said, today's outfit inspiration reminded me of the classic Audrey Hepburn film. You've got your vintage dress (more 1960's than 50's, but who's bothered?), and then the wicked Roman gladiator sandals. And I'm on holiday! Holiday at home. 

Today, I joined the girls at the consignment store to do some "working." Coming home with ten items to try on counts as "working", does it not?


Here are some of the goodies people bring into the shop...

And who says Alaskans don't have a sense of style?




Mom and Alyeska.. You can see the shop keeps them on their toes.


I came back later to check on Alyeska and I saw that she had her face in Iron Man. Closest she'll ever come, I'm afraid..


Roman Holiday, indeed!




No wonder my sister nicknames me "Wide Load"...












What I wore: vintage blue and green earrings (used), black TOM FORD sunnies (used), vintage blue and green 1960's dress (used), vintage magazine clutch (used), and tan MIA gladiator sandals (Nordstrom Rack). 

Later in the evening, I decided that since it was such a beautiful day, I should like to hang out in the backyard. It's funny how we're watching Million Dollar Listing: San Francisco on tv and they talk about the incredible view, but I'm telling you, this is the best view. Skyscrapers and panoramics of the city can't beat the famous Kenai River, home of the King Salmon!


I even took Fudge in the basket with me as we went down the stairs to the river..


What a view. 


The story with Fudge, for her story needs to be explained. So we've been letting her play out in the garden the past few summers (no longer in the wide open lawn due to the high intensity of eagles flying overhead), and we've noticed that Fudge likes to eat grass. This grass, in particular below. And we've noticed that as a result of this grass consumption, she leaves "squirts" in the house. Lots of dirty little squirts. Because of this, she doesn't go out as often. But today is a special day, and I thought it best to treat her. 



I even let her roam free, the vicious Fudge..


And get this! Two hours later, we're sitting down to dinner, and I look over at the basket and find her plopped inside, ready for another romp in the woods!


Later (and this is like nine o'clock), I took another trip down the stairs to the river. I couldn't get enough of the view. 


Just chilling in the backyard here!




No comments:

Post a Comment