Sunday, April 5, 2015

Vacation Spot- Mill Valley/Cambria, CA (Day 9)

Sorry I kind of cut you off there the last couple of days!

The road trip was moved southward over to an area in which we didn't have the best internet access, although Mum and I managed to watch our slice of heaven, Teen Wolf, of which I now have her addicted to.

Anyhoo, on day nine of our trip, Mum and I (sadly) checked out of the Kensington Park and got on our way.

Well the way just so happened to include a scenic drive over the one and only Golden Gate Bridge.

What a beaut she is.









We then meandered on over to Mill Valley to meet up with one of Mom's old friends from back in the fourth grade days. What a drive, yes?



We had breakfast at this cafe, and Mom was loving catching up with an old friend!


And then there came a long, but incredibly scenic drive over to Cambria. I didn't actually get many pictures of this particular drive because I was too busy drooling and being stumped in awe at the absolute beauty of Northern Cali. Completely different vibe up here, as well as the scenery. In fact, it seriously reminded me of Ireland. Although I've never been there myself, I imagine it to be similar in greenery, rolling hills, and then the massive ocean in front of us. 

Mom and I had impressive jaw-dropping looks about us as we zoomed through rolling hills and billions of wineries. Now this is the kind of place I would love to live in!

Anyhow, once we rolled into the quaint town of Cambria and checked into the Olallieberry Inn, Mom and I hit the town to find a place to eat. Upon recommendation from one of the books in the room, we decided to pop into this lovely restaurant tucked into the corner called Madeline's. 

Oh. My. Goodness. What a treat.

Mom and I decided to simply order a couple of appetizers (the more the merrier), and boy were they tasteful.

Appropriately placed in front of me, I started with the diver scallops seared and served over a mushroom duxelle with a beurre blanc.


The palette cleanser was a baby spinach salad tossed with a warm bacon vinaigrette, fresh mozzarella, red onion, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries.


And then we had the melt-in-your-mouth rich baked brie wrapped in Filo dough topped with caramelized shallots in a brandy cream sauce. Sweet divinity.


Mom and I couldn't believe the excellence of this place we stumbled across! Five starts, for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment