Thursday, April 9, 2015

Have Courage, and Be Kind.

I recently saw Cinderella with my mom. She's seen it three times now, if that tells you anything about her liking of the film. Or should I say love?

Anyhow, I was not expecting that. The film was brilliant. I absolutely adored it. I smiled, I cried, I felt happy and full of joy. It's just one of those childhood classics that was brought to the big screen in such a way that made it more magical, if that's even possible. It danced, it breathed, it caught your heart, as well as your eye. 

Besides the incredibly adorable Prince Charming (played by Richard Madden, who also played Robb Stark in Game of Thrones, in which case it was really weird to see him in such a different element without his massive fur coat on killing people right and left), as well as the attention to the classic story line, the visuals were simply outstanding. The costumes! My word, my mother and I were drooling, not just at Cinderella's immaculate gown, but Cate Blanchett's, as well as all of the other characters! And then one mustn't forget the props, not to mention that wicked chandelier at the palace. 

The film was just very well done. 

But what I also got out of it, was the one liner: Have courage, and be kind. That stuck with me. I've always been a believer in being a kind person. Treat others the way you wanted to be treated, that sort of thing. It brightens any person's day and kindness is free, and can only do good. But the courage aspect as well! Sometimes we're taught to follow the rules, stay out of the radar, do the "expected" thing. Being a rebel for anything normal, I've always been different in that aspect, and truly, it takes courage. And while I still have that, I've been struggling in some other areas that require just a little bit of bravery, a little bit of courage. 

Cinderella just reminded me of that, and it's my new mantra, I believe. It's amazing what we can take out of movies, isn't it, from childhood stories?

And with my newly enforced courage, I donned that 1940's hat (as well as my Cinderella-esque blue top) and confidently walked the halls at my first day back at FIDM for the Spring quarter. Let the magic begin.



I'll be your new fairy godmother!




What I wore: vintage brown velvet 1940's hat (used), gold rhinestone vintage choker necklace (used), KATE SPADE sunnies (sale), Cinderella blue TTYA crop top, brown high-waisted vintage skirt (used), and polka dotted J RENEE t-strap heels (sale). 

And these girls.. give me the courage and confidence to be who I am. They truly are special friends.. magical, really.


No comments:

Post a Comment