Sunday, March 15, 2015

A Song for Sunday- Almost is Never Enough.

Now I wasn't a particular fan of Ariana Grande, for to me, she was just another child star who tried to make it big in the singing business.

But man, was I wrong. She has a voice! And it just goes to show that pop music can misinterpret your views on real talent, for she has got a killer set of lungs, it's just been mixed with auto tuning and empty lyrics.

I was just listening to my "Spine-Tingling Piano Serenades" on Songza, and this song came up and I fell in love. I had no idea that she sounded like that! Very old school, with a truly wholesome voice. This is what they should be playing on the radio!

It's another one of those songs that I like to listen to in my lonely hours. Ariana's breathy and feminine voice next to Nathan Sykes's old fashioned and round voice.. together in harmony, it's a beautiful thing.

It kind of reminds me a little bit of skinny love. They never made it because they didn't express how they felt about each other. They gave up, but what would have happened if they expressed fully how they felt? It's that way with life, truly. One mustn't hide from the truth. If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you're scared that it's not the right thing. Even if you're scared that it'll cause problems. Even if you're scared that it will burn your life to the ground., you say it and you say it loud and you go from there.


"...Almost, almost is never enough
So close to being in love
If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each other's arms
And we almost, we almost knew what love was
But almost is never enough.."


No comments:

Post a Comment