Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Song for Sunday- All I Want.

So back a couple of posts ago, remember when I was on my album soundtrack spree from new movies? Well, add this one to the list.

From the incredible TFIOS, I bring you Kodaline's All I Want. 

We're getting weepy here, ladies and gents. And whilst I currently have nothing sad or depressing to think about, I want to share this beauty with you anyway, because I have felt these thoughts, and not too long ago, either.

It's about wanting to find somebody, which I am currently also trying to do. We're all out there, searching for our soul mates, searching for "the one." The song also talks about love in the sense that when people say they love you, why do they leave you? Love is messy. It's heartbreak, it's tears and shouts, confusion and madness, but it's also crazy beautiful and unlike anything you could ever imagine. It's perfect in the movie, but it's also right for mere humans and their feelings.

And personally, for me, I want to feel what he sings about. I want to have someone to feel that kind of love towards.

 I love this song. It brings me tears whenever I hear it, it has that kind of power.

And truly, I could quote the whole song on here, it's that good.

"...All I want is nothing more
To hear you knocking at my door
'Cause if I could see your face once more
I could die a happy man I'm sure

When you said your last goodbye
I died a little bit inside
I lay in tears in bed all night
Alone without you by my side

But if you loved me
Why'd you leave me?
Take my body 
Take my body
All I want is,
All I need is
To find somebody
I'll find somebody, like you..."






No comments:

Post a Comment