Thursday, September 4, 2014

Throwback Thursday- Lux Love.

I think I may have found my new favorite cafe. 

Undoubtedly, there was something special about this place once I first laid eyes on it. 

It was my last day in Arizona, a trip that went by way too fast. Emma was in school, and her mom was kind enough to take me to this special coffee shop, one that I had surprisingly never been to and one that I was eager to try. Coffee shops are like crack to me. 

Anyhow, this particular place, called Lux, was hidden away in downtown Phoenix, quite literally tucked back with no sign to distinguish its location. Walking through those front doors, I was met with an instant likeness towards the place. 

Man, where do I even begin? For starters, the food array was massive. Loads of tasty looking pastry treats enticed me behind glass as espresso machines whirred to life behind. After ordering from a separate breakfast menu, and our espresso beverages, we took our seats over by this bar area. 

Wow. So I'm sitting in this stool by a wooden bar, yes? And this incredibly attractive bartender proceeds to make drinks right in front of me. Fresh squeezed orange juice, and then an apparent morning cocktail. 

What an entertainment for my breakfast! And breakfast, man, was that delicious. I had this tasty Dutch pancake loaded with a bunch of fresh berries and topped with a cream to die for. And then my ice caramel latte was incredibly strong and smooth, and in a neat little mason jar. I could not believe this place! And there was massive potato sacks filled with beans carted by and I was I love. 

After our satisfying meal, and lots of curious looks towards this particular concoction being made in front of us, Emma's mom decided screw it, lets try one. 

It was probably one of the best drinks I've ever tasted. It's called a French 75 an whilst I only had sips (still being underground), I was hooked. 

It's basically two shots of gin, lemon juice, some simple syrup, champagne, and then this incredible lavender liquor on top, called Creme Yvette. And we ha lavender sprigs on top and the bartender had knowledge of what he was preparing and it just turned out to be a truly perfect last meal there. 

Who knew?






No comments:

Post a Comment