Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Song for Sunday- Jessica's Theme.

Another epic movie- The Man From Snowy River. 

This was actually the very movie that got me into the horse phase that I know all of us females have been through. To this day, every time I put on this film, I'm transported back to the days where having a horse was the most important goal. Still is, of course. Duh. 

Anyhow, continuing on my movie soundtrack spree that I'm currently in (as I listen to THE soundtrack to The Fault in Our Stars ), I'm going to share one of my favorite songs from The Man From Snowy River. 

Aside from the fact that the film is beautiful, in all of its scenery, filming, acting (gorgeous Jim and the accent, especially when he says Jessica *heart melts*), and epic horse scenes, the soundtrack is lovely. It was difficult to pick just one for today, but the one I ended up settling on, and coming close to being Rosemary Recalls, is Jessica's Theme. 

Being kind of the theme for the movie, its just a piano piece, but it carries so much beauty and feeling in it.

Gosh, I don't even know how to explain it, but it's childhood rolled into horses rolled into the hope of finding true love and meaningful looks and FEELS. 

It doesn't do justice for me to sit here and try to explain the meaning of the song. I suggest you simply watch the movie and I promise, you won't be disappointed . Maybe then will you see just how special this song is. And maybe I'll hook you into the film, if you haven't seen it already!


No comments:

Post a Comment