Sunday, July 27, 2014

A Song for Sunday- You and I.

So there are quite a few You and I versions that I love- Ingrid Michaelson, One Direction, and lastly, Lady Gaga, whom is the artist of choice for today.

I first heard this song a couple years ago on the radio and had no idea that it was Gaga singing. I'm used to her traditional pop and top 40 stuff, and was most surprise to learn that it was she behind this country-esque heel tapping song. 

There are a couple of reasons why I chose this particular song to share today. 

The first- I am currently in the Black Hills of the Wild Wild West and am in the cowboy boot country line dancing mood. In fact, I was this close to attending a dance such as that last night but it was unfortunately for 21 and older. Had they seen my moves, however, they might've reconsidered. 

The second reason would be because of my grandpa. Grandpa and Gaga, what do they have in common? Well we were talking about music and he told me to guess an artist by her official name. I have no recollection of what the name was, but it turned out to be Lady Gaga and turns out, Grandpa is quite a fan. I guess she did a collaboration with Tony Bennett and has a beautiful voice, as well as performance talent. I had never even thought past her pop status, and here I am, being educated by my grandpa on her talents! Who knew. 

Anyhow, I love this song, always have from the moment I first heard it on the radio and then covered by Glee. I'm not a country fan myself, but I do enjoy this song. It makes me want to don my cowboy boots, put on a pair of daisy dukes and sing out to the (currently unavailable) man in my life. It's upbeat, catchy, Gaga sounds great, the beats are on, and it makes me want to get up and dance. 

"You taste like whiskey when you kiss me,oh
I'll give anything again to be your baby doll
This time I'm not leaving without you..

He said, "Sit back down where you belong
In the corner of my bar with your high heels on"
Sit back down on the couch where we 
Made love the first time you said to me

Something, something about this place
Something 'bout lonely nights and my 
Lipstick on your face 
Something, something about my cool
Nebraska guy
Yeah, something about, baby, you and I.."



No comments:

Post a Comment