Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Song for Sunday- The Beginning is the End is the Beginning.

So I finally got round to watching the film Watchmen the other day after all this time. You see, ever since its release back in 2009, when my brother first had read the famous DC Comics classic, its been kind of a topic of much discussion due to some graphic content. Of course my morbid curiosity would come forth and lurk underneath my skin until I finally saw the film. And I did!

I'm not going to go on and on and give a written review on the film. I enjoyed it, I loved the characters and grotesque sequences, but what does that have to do with today's choice of song here? Well this particular song, sung by the Smashing Pumpkins, is one that I now always associate with this film.

Gosh, it's perfect to the darkness of the film. I imagine dark alleyways hiding Rorschach and the mobs and the graffiti on the walls depicting who watches the watchmen? It's seriously perfect. To be honest, I find the soundtrack to the movie to be quite spectacular and unique, featuring songs from Bob Dylan and Simon and Garfunkel as well.

But this particular song just fits perfectly in. When I saw the trailer with this in the background, everything clicked together and Smashing Pumpkins's rock sound with heavy beats just.. it's magic.

"Is it bright where you are
And have the people changed
Does it make you happy you're so strange
And in your darkest hour
My old secrets laid
We can watch the world devoured in its pain.."


No comments:

Post a Comment