Sunday, February 23, 2014

A Song for Sunday- Let Me Go.

A smile slowly spreads across my face whenever I think back to this moment.

It was last week- Emma and I were driving the Brits back from one of their victorious games and the music was blasting through the open windows. I was on a high from their high, and it absolutely peaked when this song came on. The guys, I kid you not, began to sing at the top of their lungs in such an off-key harmonious chorus that it just made me incredibly happy. Looking in the backseat, they were dancing along and just being infinitely positive. It was beautiful.

The song, sung by English artist Gary Barlow (a judge on the U.K. X-Factor, I believe), is such a positive and upbeat one that it lifts my spirits immediately. And such fantastic memories surface whenever it comes on.

"Fly high and let me go (Let me go!)
That sky will save your soul  (Let it save your soul!)
When you pass by then you'll know (Let me go let me go!)
That this is gonna take a bit of getting used to but I know
What's right for you
Let me go.."

And by goodness, I have the whole thing on video, which is even more glourious. So if you're ever in the mood for a pick-me-up song, I highly suggest this one. Not only are memories abundant in the lyrics, but it truly is a positive work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment